"Monolith applications are almost unheard of in today’s world, with most applications talking between a host of servers – whether micro- or macro- for data and functionality. A wide range of service layers exist for this, but .NET Core 3 adds first-class support for gRPC, Google’s preferred offering. In this session, we’ll look at how you can integrate gRPC between your applications – or to external gRPC resources – with efficiency and high performance."
"Marc has been a remote developer for Stack Overflow since 2010 (and is somehow also still in the top 10 on the “users” board), usually working on the back-end plumbing for tools like SQL Server or Redis, with a keen eye on high performance and scalability with a C# bias. He is the author/co-author of multiple popular .NET libraries such as StackExchange.Redis, Dapper and Protobuf-net and an active member of the .NET open source community."
- Photos (thanks to John Parkin from Ocean Software for taking these!)
Thanks to Pusher for recording this for us!
- Slides (PDF)
- Slides (original PPTX on GitHub)
- .NET Core 3 announced at .NET Conf
- Future .NET release Schedule announced (see intro slides)
- AWS joins the .NET Foundation
- F# 4.7 announced
- Xamarin XAML Hot Reload
- Xamarin Hot Restart
- Free Learn .NET Videos
- Orchard Core - first RC
- Cascadia Code
- Windows Terminal Preview v0.4 release
- Azure Advent Calendar
- Jetbrains: Matt Nield
- Manning ebook: Stephen R
- 2x C# in Depth books (kindly provided by NewOrbit): Daniel H, Matthew C