In this talk, I take attendees through the basics of the .NET Framework, .NET Standard, .NET Core, what it is and its place in the Microsoft Ecosystem.
I then explain how to install .NET Core on the Pi and deploy a .NET Core Console App.
Once the basics are covered, I move on to adding GPIO functionality to the Console app to provide some real-world interaction.
We then add a connection to an Azure IoT Hub.
Finally, I show how to spin up a Blazor app.
What you'll learn by attending this session;
How to get .NET Core 3 up and running on Raspberry Pi, Controlling electronics through GPIO with Dot NET Core 3, Azure IoT Hubs with .NET Core 3, Blazor with Raspberry Pi and .NET Core 3.
Who this talk is suitable for;
This talk is suitable for anybody with basic programming experience and an interest in using their C# experience in the world of IoT"
"Pete Gallagher is a Freelance IT Consultant, Microsoft Azure MVP and owner of PJG Creations Ltd.
He has been creating software for decades and is happy programming in just about any language.
Pete has been involved in a wide span of tech in his many years of industry experience, including IoT Projects for; Royal Mail Stamp Vending before there was such a thing as IoT, Building Monitoring Systems, Internet Connected Self Service Kiosks and much more.
He has presented all over the UK on a variety of IoT Topics, including Azure IoT Hubs, Amazon Alexa, Particle Photon, Arduino etc, etc.
Pete also organises Notts IoT, co-organises Dot Net Notts, Notts Dev Workshop and sits on the Board of LATi, a Loughborough based Advanced Technology networking group.
He is also an active STEM Ambassador and is passionate about making STEM subjects accessible to all ages."
Photos and Video
- Photos (thanks to John Parkin from Ocean Software for taking these!)
- We'll update this page with a link and embedded video once it becomes available. Thanks to Pusher for recording this for us!
- Speaker's Slides
- Pete's blog post about the talk
- Pete on Twitter (also, PJGCreations
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Notts IoT
- Dot Net Notts
- Notts Dev Workshop
- Corriculo Recruitment - Kindly covering the venue, drinks, and helping us at each event
- Everstack - Dan's company, helping organise and manage the user group
- JetBrains - Prize draw sponsor (any JB product the winner likes)
- Manning Books - Prize draw sponsor (ebook of winner's choice)
- New Orbit - Prize draw sponsor (Raspberry Pi Starter Kit)
- Pusher - Video recordings
Prize Draw Winners
- Jetbrains: Neil D
- Manning ebook: John P
- Raspberry Pi Starter Kit (New Orbit): Jack M