Improving the Design of Existing Software - with Steve 'Ardalis' Smith
"Over time, software rots. If we’re not diligent, our beautiful code can degrade into a worthless mess. Keeping our code in working condition is no different than changing the oil in our car – it’s preventive maintenance. In this session, Steve will look at some common places to look for signs of degradation in existing applications, and steps to take to improve the code. Examples will use C#/.NET but are generally applicable regardless of platform."
"Steve Smith (@ardalis) is an entrepreneur and software developer with a passion for building quality software as effectively as possible. Steve has published several courses on Pluralsight, covering DDD, SOLID, design patterns, and software architecture. He's a Microsoft ASP.NET MVP and Insider, a frequent speaker at developer conferences, an author, and a trainer."
"Steve works with companies that want to avoid the trap of technical debt by helping their teams deliver quality software, quickly. Steve and his team have been described by clients as a "force multiplier", amplifying the value of existing development teams. Steve's client list includes Microsoft, Quicken Loans, Health Equity, and many other satisfied customers."
- Corriculo Recruitment - Kindly covering the venue, drinks, and helping us at each event
- Everstack - Dan's company, helping organise and manage the user group
- JetBrains - Prize draw sponsor (any JB product the winner likes)
- Manning Books - Prize draw sponsor (ebook of winner's choice)
- Packt - Prize draw sponsor (ebook of winner's choice)
Prize Draw Winners
- Jetbrains #1: Joshua D
- Jetbrains #2: Vladislav D
- Manning ebook: Andrew S
- Packt ebook: Joanne B