"Learn the fundamentals of cryptography, including public/private and symmetric encryption, hashing, and digital signatures. Discover which techniques are appropriate for various situations. Review practical real-life examples for storing passwords, protecting URL parameters, securely exchanging information with partners, and safely encrypting sensitive information on public websites. Concepts apply to all platforms, examples will be in C# for both .NET and .NET Core."
Speaker Bio: Robert Boedigheimer
Robert Boedigheimer works for Schwan's Home Delivery providing business solutions with web technologies. He is a Microsoft MVP, a Progress Ninja (Fiddler), an ASPInsider, a Pluralsight author, and a 3rd-degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do. Robert regularly speaks at national and international events.
- Meetup Event page
- IntroTalk Slides
- Slides and code
- Pluralsight: Introduction to Cryptography in .NET
- Corriculo Recruitment - Kindly covering the venue, drinks, and helping us at each event
- Everstack - Dan's company, helping organise and manage the user group
- JetBrains - Prize draw sponsor (any JB product the winner likes)
- Manning Books - Prize draw sponsor (ebook of winner's choice)
- Packt - Prize draw sponsor (ebook of winner's choice)