gRPC is Google's implementation of RPC. With .NET Core 3.0, gRPC has first-class support in .NET and seems to be the way forward for remote procedure calls. In my session, we will look at what gRPC is, and how to create a gRPC service and consume it. We will also discuss the four modes or methods of gRPC, versioning, and also talk about options when it comes to hosting gRPC services. That's not all! We will also discuss gRPC JSON transcoding, a feature that was so highly requested that it has made its way into .NET 7!
Poornima is a .NET developer with over 10 years of experience in .NET and Umbraco. She is passionate about learning new technologies and keeping herself up-to-date with the latest developments in technology. Outside her work, Poornima enjoys music and is undergoing training in Indian Classical music. Based in Langley, UK she mothers a little girl and spends her spare time reading, cooking, and watching movies.
- Everstack - Dan's company, helping organise and manage the user group
- Corriculo Recruitment - Kindly covering the Zoom licence
- JetBrains - Prize draw sponsor (any JB product the winner likes)
- Manning Books - Prize draw sponsor (ebook of winner's choice)
- Packt - Prize draw sponsor (ebook of winner's choice)